Coventry Motor Museum
Coventry is the birthplace of the British cycle and motor industry, and the Museum displays the world’s largest collection of British road transport, including 240 cars, commercial vehicles and buses, 100 motorcycles, over 200 cycles and around a million archive and ephemera items. Admission is free.
Coventry's earliest cathedral, dedicated to St Mary, was founded as a Benedictine community by Leofric, Earl of Mercia, and his wife Godiva in 1043. Built on the site of a former religious house for nuns, its sheer size is some indication of the wealth which Coventry acquired in the middle ages.
In 1539, with the dissolution of the monasteries, the See of Coventry and Lichfield was transferred to Lichfield and the former cathedral fell into decay. Only in 1918 was the modern diocese of Coventry created in its own right, and the church of St Michael designated as its cathedral.
65 Barras Lane Counden. Coventry. CV1 4AQ
Tel:0 (44) 2476 228157. Fax: 0(44) 2476 631609